RAM Motors History
1947- RAM Motors & Controls began in Reading, PA as Reliable Electric. Reliable Electric sold and serviced motors, variable speed drives, and electromechanical controls to various industries, particularly textiles.
1969- John Walton and his son David purchased the company and introduced its basic operating philosophy: a strong commitment to customer service with 100% customer satisfaction as its objective. The new customer service philosophy proved successful.
1983- Reliable Electric merged with Multilectric, Inc., adding its apparatus repair shops in Lancaster and York and giving rise to a new company name, RAM (Reliable And Multilectric) Motors & Controls, Inc.
2000- The distribution and service division of RAM was purchased by Jeff Musser and Bill Wissler, creating RAM Industrial Services, Inc. W.M. Wagner Sales Company, a pump specialty house, was acquired to expand its product offerings as well as its geographic footprint.
2012- Pennsylvania Electric Motor Service, a large apparatus repair shop located in Erie, Pennsylvania, was acquired by ISS, and two years later, and merged into the RAM group. This merger created a more comprehensive infrastructure with expanded geographic coverage to better serve the needs of our growing customer base.
2013- The company was acquired by a private equity group to become RAM Industrial Services, LLC and became part of the Industrial Service Solutions, LLC (ISS) family of industrial and municipal service companies. Today we are RAM Motors and Controls.